This is an existing role in an established team. As the Case Manager in Kinship Care your main role will be effective case management for young people residing in Kinship care placements.
The purpose of the position is to improve outcomes for children and young people by delivering services and program outcomes through the support, supervision, and development of clients in the Kinship care program. Linking to community-based services, support of carers, promoting positive relationships, engaging, listening and supporting children and young people 0-18 years in Kinship placements to deal with their issues, building positive relationships and engaging in activities to enhance resilience and self-esteem.
What you will do:
- Case management for carers and children
- Assessment and placement plans
- Support carers around the complexities in relation to family access
- Supporting children in care
- Promote positive relationships in family systems
- Ensure relevant paperwork and administrative work is up to standard for reporting
Who we are looking for:
- Tertiary Qualification in, Human Services, Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology or Community Services
- Experience in a similar role, out of home care, foster care, kinship is highly desired
- Client centered practice
- Organised, flexible, team player who is also able to work autonomously
- Previous Child Protection experience would be great.
- Current driving license (essential)
- Comprehensive understanding of kinship care and the issues affecting carers and children
- Permanent ongoing role
- Part time 0.9 which is 34.2 hours per week or a 9 day fortnight
- The opportunity to learn and develop within an experienced team
- SCHCADS level 5
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A new office with great facilities and full of light
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A Collaborative and cohesive working culture
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
The closing date for applications is Sunday October 24th
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWCC for VIC.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply for this position today by clicking APPLY NOW below.
You can view the position description below and then submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying.
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Meaghan Moir, Program manager Kinship on 03 9212 3980 or email email@example.com