Senior Family Practitioner
In home care
A 12-month maximum term contract as part of a pilot project that will strengthen parenting skill and capacity to enable contact and transport requirements for children in out of home care to be a more natural experience.
There is a need to consult, coach, model and assess birth families and carers to develop individualised and tailored Family Contact Plans.
You will work with case managers and DFFH to ascertain specific needs, provide expert advice regarding contact and coordinate all involved to maintain a safe, practical and high level transport and contact arrangements.
- Complete assessments using NCFAS to develop purposeful Family Contact Plans
- Provide coaching and modelling to birth parents and carers to strengthen parenting skills
- Work with DFFH, team leaders and managers to maintain high standards
- Ensure contact venues are suitable and normalised
- Link families to other support services and maintain those relationships
Who we are looking for:
- A degree-level qualification in a discipline such as social work or psychology
- An understanding of the use of NCFAS and/or other evidence-based outcome tools
- Someone self-directed who can work to strict timelines
- Flexible, child focussed practitioner
- Senior practitioner, this is a level 6 position
- Energetic, team player who is also able to work autonomously and think creatively
- Self-driven and keen to achieve strong outcomes for the children, young people, birth families and carers involved in the approach
- Maximum term contract 12 months
- Full time hours
- Role will commence as soon as possible
- Salary is SCHCADS level 6
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Based at our office in Dandenong
- Unique culture promoting diversity and shared values
- Collaborative and cohesive working culture
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWCC for Victoria.
How to apply:
You can apply for this position today by clicking APPLY NOW below.
You can view the position description and then submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying.
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley, HR Advisor Recruitment on 03 9695 2243 or email email@example.com