Functional Family Therapy-Child Welfare
Leading a brand-new team that consists of 3 Family Practitioners - you will be delivering Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare (FFT-CW) with young people aged between 0-17 years old in Out of Home Care. Following a well-researched Evidence Based Model, FFT-CW is a short-term therapeutic technique which emphasises participation by the carers in their home. The aim of FFT-CW is to improve family communication to set all caring households up for success and improve the carer household experience.
As a hands-on leader, you will ensure all outcomes are measurable and evidence-informed and that your team is fully supported and equipped with the tools to overcome any challenges. You will also be responsible for the management of a small caseload of 4 families.
Who we are looking for:
- Masters or Bachelor qualifications in Counselling, Social Work, Family Therapy or Psychology
- Previous experience in a therapeutic environment ideally utilising recognised therapy practices such as CBT
- Hands on leadership experience
- Knowledge and experience working within the out of home care sector would be highly regarded
- Good communication skills and the ability to build relationships and rapport with families and young people
- Full time, permanent position
- Evidence informed training and professional development journey
- Level 7 on the SCHCADS award reflecting the required skills and experience as a leader
- The opportunity to work directly with families
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone (tools of the trade)
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
The closing date for applications is Sunday November 8th.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWVP card and undergo a CYPS check for ACT.
HOW TO APPLY
Please view the position description below then click APPLY NOW and submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying, it doesn't have to be more than 1 page.
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley HR Advisor on 03 9695 2243 or email email@example.com
Please do visit our website to understand more about who we are and why we do what we do https://www.ozchild.org.au/