Safe Care Educator
What is Safe Care?
Safe Care® as seen on 4 Corners back in 2018, (view here for more information) https://www.abc.net.au/4corners/parenting-101/10144898, provides in-home support to families who have children aged 0-5 who are at risk of neglect or harm. This program aims to improve parenting skills through training sessions and observational assessment. This is a leading evidence-based service which reduces the likelihood of maltreatment, parental depression and decreases the likelihood that the family be referred to child protection.
As a Safe Care Educator, you will be referred families from OzChild via Family Worx.
What is Family Worx?
Family Worx is OzChild's adoption of the Family Preservation and Reunification response model being rolled out across Victoria by DHHS in partnership with CSO's and ACCO's. The program will provide an integrated service to families in crisis, requiring immediate support and intervention. The service will be supported by the evidence-based model SafeCare.
- Provide weekly home visits
- Improve parenting skills
- 60-90 minutes sessions for around 18 weeks
- Work through modules to improve participant interaction and measure outcomes
- Help parents identify illness and injury
- Increase positive interactions with children
- Design and deliver daily activities for parents
- Reduce challenging behaviour in the child
- Provide case documentation
- Document all sessions so they can be reported
- Complete all training in line with Safe Care®
Who we are looking for:
- Tertiary Qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health or Early Education and Teaching
- Social learning and theory application
- Experience working with children aged 0-5
- Experience explaining and communicating skill development to parents
- Knowledge or experience in child protection
- Current driving license (essential)
- Understanding of a broad range of issues that impact early childhood behaviour
- An understanding of cultural contexts and the unique needs of Aboriginal children and young people
- The opportunity to be part of an evidence-informed family preservation and reunification model
- Maximum term contract till August 31st, 2021
- Full-time hours, 38 per week
- During COVID restrictions you will be working from home with client visits still occurring using a risk assessment tool
- Salary is SCHCADS level 5
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Training to gain accreditation in the Safe Care® model and ensure your practice adheres with the model requirements (OzChild will support this process)
- Unique culture promoting diversity and shared values
- Collaborative and cohesive working culture
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
The closing date for applications is Sunday 27th September. Suitable applicants will be contacted as soon as they apply. Please do not delay your application.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWCC for Victoria.
COVID-19- All interviews are currently being conducted via video this may be subject to change.
HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply for this position today by clicking APPLY NOW below.
You can view the position description and then submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying.
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley, HR Advisor Recruitment on 03 9695 2243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org