Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare (FFT-CW)
This is an Aboriginal identified position
OzChild considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under s 42 of the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT)
Our FFT-CW Story so far…
Together with Gugan Gulwan Youth Aboriginal Corporation, we delivered Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare in the ACT. Our goal is to reduce the high removal rates of Aboriginal children within the Territory through a strength-based in-home therapeutic programme.
Our 1-year pilot was so successful that funding has been secured for a further 4 years offering you the opportunity to contribute in a sustainable way to the families we support and the Organisation. In partnership with Gugan Gulwan we successfully supported 31 Aboriginal families representing 112 children and young people, 100% of children safely remained at home with their families.
The Aboriginal Cultural Advisor- FFT-CW is a newly created role within OzChild to ensure that families who can benefit from these services are able to access the service and receive services in a timely fashion.
Who we are looking for:
- A person to provide ongoing cultural guidance and support to (other) OzChild colleagues regarding the cultural context for Aboriginal families, and its implications for the most effective engagement, assessment and intervention practices to provide optimal outcomes
- Extensive knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal people and communities, in contemporary society and an ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals, families and communities from a strength-based, culturally appropriate perspective
- Good communication skills and the ability to build relationships and rapport with Aboriginal families and young people
- Permanent contract with 4 years funding secured
- Unique training and professional development journey
- A dedicated Bridging Cultures Unit Dhiiyaan Mirri
- Flexible working hours between the hours of 8am and 9pm
- Salary of $84,000 on the SCHCADS award
- The opportunity to work directly with Aboriginal families and make a difference
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
The closing date for applications is Sunday 27th September
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check, provide a WWCC for NSW and undergo a CYPS check
HOW TO APPLY
Please view the position description which is attached and then submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying, it doesn't have to be more than 1 page
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley HR Advisor on 03 9695 2243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do visit our website to understand more about who we are and why we do what we do https://www.ozchild.org.au/