Our FFT-CW Story so far…
OzChild has been working with families delivering Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare® in Victoria since 2017. Our goal is to reduce the removal rates of children within the state through a strength-based in-home therapeutic programme. The aim of Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare® is to keep children and young people in their existing homes or foster care placements. The first objective is engagement and motivation, the second is to change the problem behaviour, and the third is to generalise change.
After being referred to the Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare® (FFT-CW) program, the first step is to meet with the family. It is crucial for the therapist to meet the whole family in their home where they feel most comfortable and listen to the history, concerns and challenges the family face, both in and outside of home. You will work to build on the natural systems and strengths of the family. The goal is to successfully support the family through a culturally responsive model proven by research.
To learn more about what FFT-CW can achieve please visit https://www.ozchild.org.au/story/the-smith-familys-story/
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor qualifications in Counselling, Social Work, Family Therapy or Psychology
- Previous experience in a therapeutic environment ideally utilising recognised therapy practices such as CBT
- Knowledge and experience working with families with complex needs, mental health, AOD, family violence
- Good communication skills and the ability to build relationships and rapport with families and young people
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours, mostly evenings between 4pm and 8pm to see families together and at home
- Full-time, maximum term position till August 31st 2021
- Evidence-informed training and professional development journey
- Expert supervision and ongoing feedback
- Flexible working hours between the hours of 8am and 9pm
- Level 5 on the SCHCADS award, negotiable dependent upon level of qualification
- The opportunity to work directly with families
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone (tools of the trade)
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWCC for Victoria
HOW TO APPLY
Please view the position description and then submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying, it doesn't have to be more than 1 page.
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley HR Advisor on 03 9695 2243 or email email@example.com
Please do visit our website to understand more about who we are and why we do what we do https://www.ozchild.org.au/