What is Family Worx?
OzChild has successfully secured funding to build Family Worx teams and begin service throughout Brimbank and Melton you will work from our office in Yarraville. Apply today to lead the team who will be delivering this revolutionary approach to Family Preservation and Reunification.
Family Worx is OzChild's adoption of the Family Preservation and Reunification response model being rolled out across Victoria by DHHS in partnership with CSO's and ACCO's.
The program will provide an integrated service to families in crisis, requiring immediate support and intervention as well as parents who are being reunified with their children after a period in out-of-home care (OOHC). The service will be highly responsive and flexible to each family's needs led by a team of Family Preservation and Reunification (FPR) Practitioners, an Aboriginal Response Lead and supported by the evidence-based models Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare (FFT-CW) and SafeCare.
What you will do:
- Implement a wrap-around, evidence-informed case management led Family Preservation and Reunification (FPR) team alongside our SafeCare educators and Functional Family Therapy-Child Welfare (FFTCW) therapists
- Lead a team that includes- 3 x FPR Practitioners, 1 x Aboriginal Response Lead, 1 x Safecare educator, 1 x FFT-CW Therapist
- Case allocation
- Report all outcomes and ensure overall success of the program
- Work with the team to identify and overcome barriers to engagement/motivation
- As a hands-on leader, you will ensure all outcomes are measurable and evidence-informed and that your team is fully supported and equipped with the tools to overcome any challenges
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's in social work or psychology or equivalent postgraduate studies in family therapy will be highly regarded
- Previous experience in a therapeutic environment ideally utilising recognised evidence-informed elements
- Solid understanding of the principles and challenges of supporting vulnerable families and knowledge of Child Protection issues in relation to children ‘at risk'.
- Evidence of strong leadership and values-driven team building
- Proven experience leading high performing teams
- Full-time maximum term contract in line with funding
- Evidence-informed training and professional development journey
- Salary in line with SCHCADS award level 7
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone (tools of the trade)
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
The closing date for applications is Sunday, August 16th. Suitable applicants will be contacted soon after they apply. Please do not delay your application.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWCC for Victoria
COVID-19- ALL interviews are being conducted via video, this may be subject to change
How to apply:
You can apply for this position today by clicking APPLY NOW below.
You can view the position description below and then submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying.
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley, HR Advisor Recruitment on 03 9695 2243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org