Functional Family Therapy-Child Welfare
Our FFT-CW Story so far…
OzChild has been working with families delivering Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare® in NSW since 2017. Our goal is to reduce the removal rates of children within the state through a strength-based in-home therapeutic programme. The aim of Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare® is to keep children and young people in their existing homes or foster care placements.
From July 2017 - August 2019 NSW Data showed 645 Families had been discharged successfully in NSW (288 OzChild) and of those 161 Aboriginal Families completed the program (70 OzChild).
More information about the model FFT-CW can be viewed by following this link https://www.theirfuturesmatter.nsw.gov.au/our-initiatives/fft-cw
What you will do:
- Provide leadership to a team of 4, adhering to Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare (FFT - CW) model
- Clinical supervision to ensure therapists have the resources, skills and support to deliver effective service
- Report all outcomes and ensure overall success of the program
- Work with the team to identify and overcome barriers to engagement/motivation
- Lead, guide and supervise a team providing family therapy training and intervention strategies including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy interventions
- As a hands-on leader, you will ensure all outcomes are measurable and evidence-informed and that your team is fully supported and equipped with the tools to overcome any challenges
- You will also be responsible for the management of a small caseload of up to four families
Who we are looking for:
- Masters qualification in Counselling, Social Work, Family Therapy or Psychology OR a Bachelor in Social Work or psychology or equivalent with extensive clinical practice and therapeutic training
- Previous experience in a therapeutic environment ideally utilising recognised therapy practices such as Family Therapy and CBT
- Knowledge and experience working with families with complex needs in home
- Good communication skills and the ability to build relationships and rapport with families and young people
- Full-time permanent position
- Evidence informed training and professional development journey
- Expert support from Functional Family Therapy model purveyors
- Flexible working hours between the hours of 8am and 9pm
- SCHCADS award level 7
- The opportunity to work directly with families as well as lead a team
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone (tools of the trade)
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
The closing date for applications is Sunday August 9th.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWCC for NSW
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply for this position today by clicking APPLY NOW below.
You can view the position description below and then submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying.
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley, HR Advisor Recruitment on 03 9695 2243 or email email@example.com