Treatment Foster Care Oregon
Our TFCO Story so far…
In NSW we began delivering TFCO in March 2019 with two teams - delivering TFCO-C for children aged 7-11 and TFCO-A for adolescents. Treatment Foster Care Oregon (TFCO) is an evidence-based, internationally successful program providing an alternative to residential care and getting children and young people aged 7-17 with complex behaviours back to a stable, family life.
Aimed at breaking the cycle of disadvantage, TFCO provides a strength-based, relational approach based on social learning and behaviour modification principles, aimed at changing the negative trajectory of behaviour that gets in the way of experiencing positive relationships, stability of placement and engagement with education, peers and the community.
With the stability of having a caring home and the support of the TFCO team, children and young people in the programs show improved behaviour both at home and school.
This is your opportunity to lead the team in Campbelltown.
What you will do:
- Be accountable for the operational and clinical oversight and leadership of the program
- Leading a team of 6 that includes a teacher, 2 therapists, a recruiter and skills coaches
- Oversee all aspects of each child's placement, including skills coaching, individual and family therapy
- Finalise individual treatment plans for children in the program
- Oversee the recruitment, training of and support services to specialised foster carers
Who we are looking for:
- Qualification in Social Work or Psychology or equivalent
- A commitment to on-call hours to support the carers and children Monday to Thursday with weekends on a roster
- Experience within leadership and management roles in Child Protection or the Out of Home Care Sector
- Previous clinical experience working with children under 12 years of age
- Advanced knowledge and experience of assessing and managing risk in a child welfare context
- An understanding of the complex needs of children in residential care within the state of NSW
- Full-time permanent position
- Evidence-based training and professional development journey
- Expert support from TFCO model purveyors
- A strong remuneration package that includes a vehicle or car allowance of $15,000
- The opportunity to work directly with families and carers as well as lead a team
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone (tools of the trade)
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
The closing date for applications is Tuesday June 9th with TFCO training to be confirmed for July or August. Start dates will be mid-July 2020
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWCC for NSW
COVID-19- All interviews are currently being conducted via Skype.
HOW TO APPLY
You can view the position description at the bottom of this advert and then click APPLY NOW. Please submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying.
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley, HR Advisor Recruitment on 03 9695 2243 or email email@example.com