Case Manager, Foster Care
As the Case Manager in our foster care team covering Gippsland based in Traralgon your role will be the effective case management of foster care placements optimising the potential for reunification, but your role will also encompass supervision and support of those carers.
The purpose of the position is to improve outcomes for children and young people by delivering services and program outcomes through the support, supervision, and development of clients in the Foster Care program.
Working as part of a team OzChild are looking for someone who wants to produce better outcomes for foster children and carers, supporting the adaptation of a more fluid and adaptable model of care.
Our vision is to see that all children are safe, respected, nurtured and reach their full potential.
Come on a journey with us of continuous learning where you can live your own values at work and are free to be who you are and do your best work.
Please visit our website for further information on who we are, our work and our range of programs https://www.ozchild.org.au/
What you will do:
- Case management for carers and children
- Travel required to meet carers and placements
- Assessment and placement plans
- Lead the development of confident, competent foster carers
- Supporting reunification outcomes
- Carer Support
- Assess the foster carers by conducting assessments and identify potential placements for new carers
Who we are looking for:
- Tertiary Qualification in, Human Services, Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology
- Advanced and complex knowledge of the foster care system
- Current driving license (essential)
- Case management experience
- Experience conducting assessments in the context of foster care
(Please view the position description for a full list of desired skills and experience)
- A full-time maximum term contract for 12 months
- Unique training and professional development journey
- Hours generally 9am-5pm with some afterhours required on occasion
- Salary is level 5 SCHCADS award
- The opportunity to work directly with young people and carers
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
The closing date for all applications is Sunday 1st March. We may also contact candidates before the closing date so DO NOT delay your application
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
How to apply:
Scroll down and click APPLY NOW submit a resume along with a detailed cover letter that talks about your interest in the role, expands on your resume and tells us something about you.
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Maggie Morgan Team Leader Foster Care Recruitment at OzChild on 03 8796 0012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWCC prior to commencement