Therapeutic Case Manager
As the Case Manager in the Circle Program your role is therapeutic. Your role is to deliver enhanced therapeutic support to children and carers in foster care. This role is for those with a background in therapy, you need to focus on developing therapeutic parenting strategies and review each care plan to monitor its progress.
Our vision is to see that all children are safe, respected, nurtured and reach their full potential.
Come on a journey with us of continuous learning where you can live your own values at work and are free to be who you are and do your best work.
Please visit our website for further information on who we are, our work and our range of programs https://www.ozchild.org.au/
What you will do:
- Complex, coordinated and effective assessment of a placement
- Case management and enhanced therapeutic support
- Support reunification outcomes and transition the child or young person when exiting care
- Develop therapeutic parenting strategies
Who we are looking for:
- Tertiary Qualification in Social Work, Social Sciences or Psychology with experience and training in family therapy will be highly regarded
- Experience in a similar role, out of home care, foster care, kinship
- Current driving license (essential)
- Comprehensive understanding of foster care
- Comprehensive understanding of therapeutic case management techniques
- A full-time permanent contract
- Unique training and professional development journey
- Hours generally 9am-5pm with some afterhours required on occasion
- Salary fully negotiable dependent upon experience
- The opportunity to work directly with young people and carers
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
The closing date for all applications is Sunday 1st March. We may also contact candidates before the closing date so DO NOT delay your application
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
How to apply:
Scroll down and click APPLY NOW submit a resume along with a detailed cover letter that talks about your interest in the role, expands on your resume and tells us something about you.
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Michelle Page Michelle Page | Team Leader Therapeutic/Case Management at OzChild on 03 9212 3942 or email email@example.com
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWCC prior to commencement