Volunteer Lead Tenant
What is a Lead Tenant?
A Lead Tenant is a volunteer that shares a household with young people and plays a vital role in providing mentoring and positive role modelling to assist the young person to develop positive relationships with families, peers and the wider community
The Lead Tenant assists the young person's transition from a supported living arrangement to an independent living arrangement
You work as part of a wider team; each resident has access to a case manager to support them and you as the live-in volunteer.
Your rent and utilities are covered as you reside in the home
- Individual Support to young people transitioning to independent living
- Assists young people within the household to develop vital life skills to progress towards independent living
- Supports young people with challenging and complex issues by providing day-to-day emotional support
- Monitors the safety and well-being of young people in the household
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with young people who have been in home-based care
- Qualifications in youth work, teaching, social work are highly regarded but not required
- Comprehensive understanding of the education and training sector
- Strong communication skills, enthusiasm and a flexible approach.
- Volunteer role
- Part of a brand new team
- Free accommodation and utilities
- Unique culture promoting shared values
- Gain experience working with young people
- Work with case managers to increase your sector knowledge
- Training provided
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver.
As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs, the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector.
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Jamie Griffin on (03) 9212 3972 or email@example.com