Case Manager, Foster Care
As the Case Manager for foster care your main role will be effective case management optimising the potential for reunification, but your role will also encompass supervision and support of carers. The role is paying SCHADS level 5 and will offer added case support services to existing carers.
The purpose of the position is to improve outcomes for children and young people by delivering services and program outcomes through the support, supervision, and development of clients in the Foster Care program.
Our vision is to see that all children are safe, respected, nurtured and reach their full potential.
Come on a journey with us of continuous learning where you can live your own values at work and are free to be who you are and do your best work.
Please visit our website for further information on who we are, our work and our range of programs https://www.ozchild.org.au/
- Case management for carers and children
- Assessment and placement plans
- Supporting reunification outcomes
- Carer Support
- Assess the foster carers by conducting assessments and identify potential placements for new carers
- Ensure relevant paperwork and administrative work is up to standard for reporting
(See attached Position Description for further details)
Who we are looking for:
- Tertiary Qualification in, Human Services, Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology, a Diploma in Community Services with experience will be considered
- Shared Stories, Shared Lives training (preferable)
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role, out of home care, foster care, kinship
- Current driving license and own transport (essential)
- Comprehensive understanding of foster care
- Available to take on a short term contract
- Full time hours but potential for part time depending on availability
- New office location in Yarraville
- SCHCADS level 5
- A flexible working culture with days in lieu and flexible start and finish times
- Access to pool cars
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Unique culture promoting shared values
- Implement innovative, evidence-based approaches to foster care
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Jo Devlin on 03 9212 5603 or email email@example.com
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWCC prior to commencement