Speech, language and communication underpin the basic skills of literacy and numeracy and are necessary for students to understand and achieve in all subjects.
OzChild are working with a school in Endeavour Hills and also Preston in the Northern suburbs that require Speech Pathologists for Term 2, 2020: April 14th
Ozchild's Education Services provide Allied Health staff to schools to help improve learning environments, support students at risk and ultimately improve educational outcomes. The Speech Pathologist provides a range of speech pathology services that meet school requirements. This may include language development, communication strategy, improving articulation and vocabulary and assisting teachers and parents by giving them the strategies to help struggling students.
- Hold a speech pathology qualification
- Have experience working in a school or with children and/or young people
- Have experience communicating effectively with students, welfare staff, teachers and parents
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Be available to start in April 2020
Benefits and OzChild Culture:
- Opportunity to work as a contractor 1 or 2 days a week
- School located in Endeavour Hills or Preston
- Potential for ongoing work in other schools
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Supplement your existing work commitments
For nearly 170 years, OzChild has been committed to the protection of Australia's most vulnerable children and families. Our purpose is to support vulnerable children and young people by preventing abuse and neglect, providing healing and strengthening families.
Click APPLY NOW and then submit a resume along with your cover letter. The cover letter only needs to talk about your motivation and availability.
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO UNDERTAKE A WWCC AND POLICE CHECK BEFORE COMMENCEMENT
Enquiries are welcome and often necessary to fully understand this great program and the opportunity it presents. Please call Paul Ridley HR Advisor on 03 9695 2243 or email email@example.com