Fundraising & Events Manager
This is your chance to make a real difference to the lives of young people while utilising your exceptional fundraising and event management skills.
OzChild is a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting vulnerable children, young people and families, and is the largest provider of evidence-based and evidence informed programs in Australia - ensuring every child has the chance to shine.
Over the last four years OzChild has grown substantially focussing on our strategic goals to Strengthen our Impact and Grow our Reach towards outcomes that genuinely help Australia's most vulnerable. Diversifying our funding streams and increasing our community events are key elements in building our brand and profile, and we are now looking for the right person to drive this function forward.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Marketing, Communications & Fundraising, the Fundraising & Events Manager is a new fulltime fixed term role based in our South Melbourne National Support Office. You are a key member of the marketing, communications and fundraising team responsible for growing and supporting OzChild's fundraising and community partnerships and managing the end-to-end impactful delivery of organisation-wide events, seminars and conferences.
This role leads OzChild's fundraising function and is responsible for forecasting, budgeting and developing targeted fundraising strategies and campaigns that influence donor behavior and produce a return on investment for the organisation. This includes identifying and implementing events and activities in the community that have strategic alignment with OzChild's mission and raise vital funds for the work.
In conjunction with the Senior Manager and other key stakeholders this role will also drive the planning, delivery and measurement of organisational-wide events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives. In particular the focus will be OzChild's 170th anniversary year in 2021.
To be successful in this role you will need;
- 5+ years' experience in senior event and/or project management
- 3+ years' experience in fundraising and/or business development
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, public speaking and relationship management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, organisational and planning skills with demonstrated experience in event/project management best practise methodology
- Strong financial acumen, budget setting and P&L management
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, electronic mail platforms (Mailchimp or other), CRM databases (Donman, SharePoint or other), and event management software (Eventbrite or other).
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, communications, project and/or event management, or related subject
- Certificate or diploma (or similar) in fundraising
- Not-for-profit experience and previous sector knowledge
You will be part of a vibrant, fun working environment close to all forms of public transport. OzChild offers a competitive salary package (depending on experience), flexible work hours, mobile devices, and regular travel to other offices, where everyone is committed and passionate about making a difference to our community's most vulnerable.
Please include a cover letter addressing the key skills and experience and your CV.
Note: you will need access to reliable transport, a full drivers licence (manual), Working With Children's Check and Police Check to work with us.
For more information or to discuss the role in detail please call Bianca Richards, Senior Manager Marketing, Communications & Fundraising on 03 9695 2274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org