Treatment Foster Care Oregon
Join the largest provider of evidence-based programs in Australia providing support to the families of children and young people in the TFCO program. A challenging role that works closely with a treatment team to ensure the TFCO child can return to their permanent family. This is a part-time (3 days a week) permanent contract role based in Campbelltown
Treatment Foster Care Oregon (TFCO) is an internationally-proven program that intervenes with children in residential care whose behaviour makes it difficult to sustain placements. This program has demonstrated success in transforming children's behaviour, making it possible for children to settle into a stable family environment.
- Provide structured aftercare placement family therapy
- Work as a part of a treatment team to overcome barriers to engagement
- Develop behavioural, coping and parenting skills
- On Call duties for parents 24/7 if in crisis on a rosta every 4 weeks (mainly on the phone)
- For more information https://www.tfcoregon.com/
Required Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in, Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health, Counselling or Family Therapy
- Knowledge of and an understanding of family systems and theory
- Cognitive behavioural and behaviour change therapy application
- Social learning theory
- An understanding of cultural contexts and the unique needs of Aboriginal children and young people.
- Valid Full Australian Driving Licence (essential)
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector.
- Permanent contract
- SCHCADS level 5 role
- Flexible working hours over 3 days
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone so you can work on the road and from home
- The opportunity to promote an internationally proven Evidence Based program
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley at OzChild on 03 9695 2243 or email email@example.com
As part of the assessment and selection process, applicants will be required to successfully complete Police Checks and confirm details of a Working with Children Check.
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities