Treatment Foster Care ages 7-11
OzChild is considered to be one of the longest serving charities for children and families in Australia
We have been looking after children who are vulnerable for over 167 years. OzChild is a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting vulnerable children, young people and families, and is the largest provider of evidence based and evidence informed programs in Australia - ensuring every child has the chance to shine.
Over the last four years OzChild has grown substantially focussing on our strategic goals to Strengthen our Impact and Grow our Reach towards outcomes that genuinely help Australia's most vulnerable.
This role is part time, flexible and casual hours. As Skills Coach your job is to provide coaching to a child or young person focusing on the goals set out in their plan.
The Skills Coach is there to positively influence the child/young person and help improve their skills and behaviour. structure, limits, and rules, and to develop the strengths and assets of the adolescent or youth.
The plan relies on training, which includes interpersonal skills and prosocial behaviours, discipline techniques, role modelling, establishing rules and consequences for the youth, eliminating exposure to negative peer influences, and providing the adolescent with positive and productive relationships.
- Provide weekly skills coaching
- Relate the training and coaching to the child/young persons treatment plan
- Provide positive reinforcement sessions
- Get involved with sport and activities
- Observe behaviour and implement behaviour management plans
Required Qualifications, skills and experience
- Tertiary Qualification in, Social Work, Psychology, Youth Work, Education or Sport
- Knowledge of behaviour management principles
- Skill building and training experience, specifically with young people
- Current driving license (essential)
- Ability to engage young people in activities
- Flexible working hours
- Hourly rates plus casual loading
- Casual roles offering work life balance
- An evidence base with over 30 years of research behind it
- Work in and around the Ipswich area
- Help children and young people transition to long term permanent care
- You can help preserve families
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
For more information please contact Paul Ridley, HR Advisor, Recruitment via email on email@example.com or call 03 9695 2243 for a discussion about the role