Psychologists and Accredited Mental Health Social Workers
Contract work in Schools
OzChild's Shine Assist Program is expanding and demand for Psychologists and Mental Health Social Workers is constant. We are always on the look out for qualified professionals who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and young people.
We provide support to schools in various locations across Melbourne:
- Mornington Peninsula
- North and West Melbourne
- Applicants must either hold a current AHPRA registration, or be an AASW accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Experience working with children and young people, and/or within school environments is desired, but not essential
- Applicants will require their own ABN and liability insurance
If you love helping young people and want to make a difference, this is your chance to help those who need it most.
You've seen first-hand how the ripple effects of mental illness can spread to multiple areas of somebody's life, and so, you know just how important a multi-dimensional approach can be.
Working within our Shine Assist program provides a unique opportunity to take your skills and experience to the front line. You'll be using the clinical skills you've developed over the course of your career to drastically improve life for children and young people in your community.
If you are passionate about making a real difference in the lives of children and young people, and you're looking for a challenging, multi-faceted and richly rewarding next step in your career, we encourage you to apply now.
As part of the OzChild Shine Assist team you will be providing counselling support to students during school hours. Working within a very friendly school environment, OzChild offers quarterly peer support meetings, a shared library of resources and the chance to attend professional development opportunities.
- Positively engage with children and young people
- Provide counselling to young people who will present with a range of mental health issues
- Deliver psychological services in schools
- Be an integral part of the school support system
- Provide 6 weekly and 12 weekly feedback which includes written reports
- Maintain billing and reporting for Medicare Better Access Scheme
- Work within an evidence-based model of support
- Refer to appropriate networks and support services
In exchange for your hard work and commitment, you will enjoy hourly rates of up to $100 per hour plus super, ongoing professional support and should you only wish to work part-time, no problem, we just need you to commit to one day!
Interviews can be confirmed quickly with the potential for an immediate start.
For a confidential discussion, calls are welcome! You can speak with Penny Wemmering, Education Services Coordinator on 03 5970 8806 or you can email email@example.com for more information
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities