Join the largest provider of evidence-based programs in Australia working closely with the TFCO treatment team to address problem behaviour and develop coping and social skills. A challenging and exciting role that gives you a varied a complex working day. This Part-Time position is based in Ipswich covering Brisbane.
Treatment Foster Care Oregon (TFCO) is an internationally-proven program that intervenes with children in residential care whose behaviour makes it difficult to sustain placements. This program has demonstrated success in transforming children's behaviour, making it possible for children to settle into a stable family environment.
- Provide individual therapy to a child or young person under the TFCO model
- Provide coping and social skill development practice in each session
- Help children overcome significant barriers
- Work with children and young people with behavioural issues
Required Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in, Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health, Counselling or Family Therapy
- Knowledge of and an understanding of family systems and theory
- Cognitive behavioural and behaviour change therapy application
- Social learning theory
- An understanding of cultural contexts and the unique needs of Aboriginal children and young people.
- Valid Full Australian Driving Licence (essential)
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector.
- Permanent Part-Time contract
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone so you can work on the road
- The opportunity to promote an internationally proven Evidence Based program
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
- Up to $3000 in relocation assistance available
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Jacqueline Hudson by email firstname.lastname@example.org or our Human Resrouces Team by email email@example.com
As part of the assessment and selection process, applicants will be required to successfully complete Police Checks and confirm details of an existing Blue Card Working with Children Check or successfully apply for a Blue Card Working with Children Check.
To apply for this job go to: www.ozchildcareers.org.au & enter ref code: 4766324.
Applications close 21 July 2019