Case Manager, Foster Care
As the Case Manager in our foster care team covering Gippsland based in Traralgon your role will be the effective case management of foster care placements optimising the potential for reunification, but your role will also encompass supervision and support of those carers.
The purpose of the position is to improve outcomes for children and young people by delivering services and program outcomes through the support, supervision, and development of clients in the Foster Care program.
Working as part of a team OzChild are looking for someone who wants to produce better outcomes for foster children and carers, supporting the adaptation of a more fluid and adaptable model of care.
- Case management for carers and children
- Travel required to meet carers and placements
- Assessment and placement plans
- Lead the development of confident, competent foster carers
- Supporting reunification outcomes
- Carer Support
- Assess the foster carers by conducting assessments and identify potential placements for new carers
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in, Human Services, Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology
- Advanced and complex knowledge of the foster care system
- Current driving license (essential)
- Case management
(Please view the position description for a full list of desired skills and experience)
- 12 month contract
- Full time hours
- SCHCADS level 5 position
- A flexible working culture
- Part of an expansion across the region
- Evidence Based approach to working with carers to be introduced
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Unique culture promoting shared values
- Implement innovative, evidence-based approaches to foster care
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs, the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector.
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Christine Cosimi on 03 8796 0009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion
Closing date for applications is Monday 22nd July please DO NOT delay your application
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities