Team Leader, Carer Support
About the Job.
OzChild is consistently looking for ways to produce better outcomes, so we have created a new role designed to challenge the current Foster Care Model. OzChild is moving away from a ‘one size fits all' model and are approaching the carer support model in a more fluid and adaptable way to ensure we are better meeting the needs of our carer population. As a case carrying team leader your role is twofold, leading the team of Carer Supervisors but also working with our existing carers to retain, match and advocate.
- Leadership of the team
- Provide effective supervision and drive performance
- Identify ways in which OzChild can improve Carer Development strategy
- Lead the development of confident, competent carers
- Analysis of outcomes, evaluation and learning from incidents; analysis of team performance and carer feedback to identify process, productivity and efficiency opportunities
Required Qualifications, skills and experience.
- Tertiary Qualification in Social Work or equivalent
- Advanced and complex knowledge of the foster care system
- Application of business management and performance analysis skills to drive improvement in work outcomes and efficiency
- Current driving license (essential)
(Please view the position description for a full list of desired skills and experience)
About Oz Child
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs, the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector.
- 12 month contract FT role
- Relocation assistance available
- Brand new role, created to meet our vision for foster care
- Strategy, process improvement, project role
- Salaried role with salary packaging attached
- SCHCADS level 7 role, leadership
- Fantastic NEW office to work from in Frankston
The closing date for applications is Monday 22nd July
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Scott Myles at OzChild on 03 9695 2278 or email email@example.com
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities