Family Law Services Practitioner
Our Family Law Services team in Warrnambool has recently received funding that will allow it to continue providing the family law services, family relationship, family dispute and property dispute resolution services throughout the area. It is recognition of the wonderful work the team does in supporting families through the most difficult of times.
As the Family Law Services Practitioner your role is mediation, you do not have to be a registered FDRP to apply, training provided. You will provide families with family dispute resolution, property dispute resolution and mediation, counselling, risk assessments and referrals that are based on a child-focused framework.
If you have experience in the local area working with Aboriginal families, we would love to hear from you.
- Effectively manage a caseload through Family Dispute and/or Property Dispute
- Mediate when families are going through separation to reduce conflict
- Provide individual counselling, casework and therapeutic support
- Manage high parental conflict whilst upholding the best interest of the children
- Delivery of Family Law Services, in particular post-separation, crisis intervention, counselling, case management, assessment and problem solving for individuals and families.
(See attached Positions Description for further details)
Skills and Experience:
- A degree qualification Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Mediation, Community Services or Family Law
- A Post Graduate Certificate in Mediation & conflict resolution (beneficial)
- Individual Family Dispute Resolution Registration Number (beneficial)
- Understanding of the impact of family separation and breakdown on children
- Demonstrated skills in managing high parental conflict whilst upholding the best interest of the children
- Previous experiences delivering FDRP and PDR
- Experience engaging with and/or working with Aboriginal families (HIGHLY regarded)
- Permanent contract
- Wonderful team
- Training provided in Family Dispute
- Ongoing funding, secure funding
- Collaborative and cohesive leadership team
- Brilliant location right on the Great Ocean Road
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Unique culture promoting shared values
- Relocation assistance up to $3000 to move to Warrnambool
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Ben Rodgers Team Leader Family Law Services at OzChild on 03 5559 1055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities