Senior Intake Worker- Foster Care
As the Senior Intake Worker your role is the efficient intake and placement of new clients, you manage all referrals, review and prioritise. The need to prioritise and appropriately match carers to children is integral to making this program work effectively. This role is all about balance, developing placement matches whilst also keeping the child's needs at the centre of your decision-making process.
- Intake and placement of new clients in the foster care program
- Build and maintain relationships with carers
- Maintain client records recording all communication
- Ensure support is given to new carers
- Make appropriate placement matches
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive, broad and specialist knowledge of Foster Care
- Ability to ensure appropriate support for carers
- Experience matching and placing children with foster carers
- Assessment skills
- 10-month contract
- Part time hours 4 days per week
- Broader role supporting recruitment and training of carers
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Unique culture promoting shared values
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs, the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector.
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley HR Advisor at OzChild on 03 9695 2243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities