Case Manager- Kinship (Internal applicants only)
OPEN TO ALL INTERNAL OZCHILD EMPLOYEES ONLY
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence based programs the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector.
• 12-month contract
• A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
• A Collaborative and cohesive working culture
This is an existing role in an established team. As the Case Manager in Kinship Care your main role will be effective case management for young people residing in Kinship care placements.
The purpose of the position is to improve outcomes for children and young people by delivering services and program outcomes through the support, supervision, and development of clients in the Kinship care program. Linking to community based services, support of carers, promoting positive relationships, engaging, listening and supporting children and young people 0-18 years in Kinship placements to deal with their issues, building positive relationships and engaging in activities to enhance resilience and self-esteem.
- Case management for carers and children
- Assessment and placement plans
- Support carers around the complexities in relation to family access
- Supporting children in care
- Promote positive relationships in family systems
- Ensure relevant paperwork and administrative work is up to standard for reporting
Required Qualifications, skills and experience.
- Tertiary Qualification in, Human Services, Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology
- Experience in a similar role, out of home care, foster care, kinship is highly desired
- Current driving license (essential)
- Comprehensive understanding of kinship care and the issues effecting carers and children
The closing date for all applications is Friday 19th April
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley HR Advisor at OzChild on 03 9695 2243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org