Aboriginal Skills Coach
This is an Aboriginal identified position and is sanctioned under Section 14d of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
OzChild is committed to the effective delivery of Evidence Based Services to Aboriginal Children, Young People and their Families/Kin/Carers. This role is designed specifically to ensure that participating Aboriginal children can benefit from the services we provide in our Treatment Foster Care Oregon program
- A dedicated Aboriginal unit to liaise with
- Part time flexible working hours
- Time to engage with community
- An opportunity to work directly with children
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- Innovative solutions to enhance long term care options
This role is part time, flexible and casual hours. The Aboriginal Skill Coach will contribute to the provision of culturally sensitive services in TFCO. As Skills Coach your job is to provide coaching to a child or young person focusing on the goals set out in the plan. The Skills Coach is there to positively influence the child/young person and help improve their skills and behavior.
The Aboriginal Skills Coach Position is a newly created role within OzChild that will work to ensure that participating Aboriginal children can benefit from the services we provide.
- Ongoing cultural guidance and support
- Effectively engage with Aboriginal children
- Provide behaviour support plans to children
- Provide weekly skills coaching following individual treatment plans
Required Qualifications, skills and experience.
- Knowledge of issues impacting Aboriginal people and communities in the context of out of home care
- Experience working with young people aged between 12-17
- Current driving license (essential)
- Comprehensive understanding of strength based culturally appropriate contemporary engagement with Aboriginal children and families
The closing date for all applications is Monday 29th April 2019- please apply as soon as possible.
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley HR Advisor at OzChild on 03 9695 2243 or email email@example.com
You can apply for the role today clicking "apply now" at the bottom of this advert, submitting a resume and cover letter.
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities.