OzChild's education services are expanding and demand for Speech Pathologists is constant. We are always on the look-out for qualified professionals who are passionate about making a difference in the life of vulnerable young people.
- Balance your current role with an extra day or two
- Get paid above what you would on the award, as a contractor
- Ongoing work, flexibility, various locations
Speech, language and communication underpin the basic skills of literacy and numeracy and are necessary for students to understand and achieve in all subjects.
We have schools in two locations near Dandenong that currently require a Speech Pathologist:
- Noble Park
- Endeavour Hills
About the job:
Ozchild's Education Services provide Allied Health staff to schools to help improve learning environments, support students at risk and ultimately improve educational outcomes. The Speech Pathologist provides a range of speech pathology services that meet school requirements. This may include language development, communication strategy, improving articulation and vocabulary and assisting teachers and parents by giving them the strategies to help struggling students.
- You hold a speech pathology qualification
- Have experience working in a school or with children and/or young people
- You are experienced in communicating effectively with students, welfare staff, teachers and parents
- You are able to work independently as well as part of a team
Benefits and OzChild Culture:
- Opportunity to work as a contractor one or two days a week
- Part-time roles available to suit your availability and location
- Various locations
- Work for the next 12 months
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Supplement your existing work commitments
For nearly 170 years, OzChild has been committed to improving the lives of Australian children and families. Our purpose is to support vulnerable children and young people by preventing abuse and neglect, providing healing and strengthening families to ensure every child has the chance to shine.
Click APPLY to submit your application or visit our careers page at https://ozchildcareers.org.au/Vacancies/. Enquiries are welcome, please call Heather Black, Education Services Consultant, on 03 9695 2200 (option 2).
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and GLBTIQ communities.
Applications Close: 15th April 2019