- Contract work in schools for Psychologists and Social Workers
- Support vulnerable young people in Schools, both Primary and Secondary
- Rates of up to $100 an hour, flexible days, hours and locations
We have schools in various locations across Melbourne-
- Endeavour Hills
You love helping young people
Now here's your chance to help those who need it most.
You've seen first-hand how the ripple effects of mental illness can spread to multiple areas of somebody's life. And so, you know just how important a multi-dimensional approach can be.
Here is a unique opportunity to take your skills and experience to the front lines. You'll be using the clinical skills that you've honed over the course of your career to drastically improve life for young people in your community. And you'll be assisting those in the more underserviced areas: those that need it most.
If you are passionate about making life easier for the young, and you're looking for a challenging, multi-faceted and richly rewarding next step in your career, then this is your chance.
As part of the Shine Assist team you will provide counselling support to students during the school term. Working within a very supportive and friendly school environment, OzChild offers quarterly peer support meetings, a shared library of resources and the opportunity to attend professional development.
- Positively engage with students
- Provide counselling to young people who will present with a range of mental health issues
- Deliver psychological services in schools
- Be an integral part of the school support system
- Provide 6 weekly and 12 weekly feedback which includes written reports
- Maintain billing and reporting for Medicare Better Access Scheme
- Refer to appropriate networks and support services
In exchange for your hard work and commitment, you will enjoy hourly rates of up to $100 per hour plus super, ongoing professional support and should you only wish to work part time then no problem- we just need you to commit to one day!
But when all is said and done, knowing that you are giving our future generation the building blocks to ensure they have a chance at a great life - well it can't get any better than that!
Interviews can be confirmed quickly with the potential for immediate starts
To find out more about the role and what is on offer, visit us at https://ozchildcareers.org.au/Vacancies/
For a confidential discussion calls are welcome! You can speak with Heather Black, Education Services Consultant on 03 9695 2200 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved