Multisystemic Therapy -Therapist
As the Therapist providing Multisystemic Therapy you will work in a clinical team that consists of a Senior Clinician/MST Program Supervisor and 3 MST Therapists.
The MST Therapist provides in-home clinical services to a small caseload of serious and/or repeat young offenders and their families.
MST provides intensive treatment to families for a period of around 6 to 9 months including specific clinical treatments that target areas such as trauma, mental health and drug and alcohol misuse. MST is an empirically based and internationally proven treatment model designed specifically for young people (12-17 years) and focuses on changing factors linked to anti-social, offending behaviour across individual, family, school and community.
For more information visit http://www.mstservices.com/
- Work intensively with family members with high risk and complex needs to provide direct effective treatment
- Provide directed behavioural therapy targeting behavioural change
- Deliver CBT, stress inoculation, trauma treatment, marital therapy and substance abuse treatment
- Ensure all assessments are comprehensive and multisystemic
Required Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Masters qualification in Psychology or Social Work preferred. A degree qualification in a related discipline will also be considered.
- Experience working with marginalised young people and their families engaged in the justice system
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience using evidence based clinical practices and their application to treat juvenile offenders
- Understanding of family systems
- Risk assessment and safety planning
- Current driving license
- Permanent full time role
- Flexible working hours and locations
- A fully maintained vehicle
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Team based treatment environment with intensive collaboration and clinical training, clinical supervision and consultation
- Unique culture promoting diversity and shared values
- Collaborative and cohesive working culture
About Oz Child
OzChild is one of the longest serving charities in Australia. For nearly 170 years, we've been committed to improving the lives of at-risk children and young people every day.
As one of the largest providers of evidence based and evidence informed programs in Australia, we are dedicated to achieving real outcomes for the young people and families in our care.
OzChild is committed to the employment of Indigenous people and providing a work environment in which Indigenous peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Indigenous staff are identified, promoted and achieved
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley HR Advisor at OzChild on 03 9695 2243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for the role today by visiting our careers site at https://ozchildcareers.org.au/Vacancies/- Search for the job title Multisystemic Therapy-Clinical Supervisor, in Frankston click on the title, scroll down and submit a resume.
If shortlisted you will receive a follow up recruitment pack detailing MST. We would then require a cover letter addressing key selection criteria in support of your application