- Provide intensive child therapy
- Part time role 3 days a week, flexible working hours and days
- Permanent contract
OzChild is considered to be one of the longest serving charities for children and families in Australia
We have been looking after children who are vulnerable for over 165 years. OzChild is a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting vulnerable children, young people and families, and is the largest provider of evidence based and evidence informed programs in Australia - ensuring every child has the chance to shine.
Over the last four years OzChild has grown substantially focussing on our strategic goals to Strengthen our Impact and Grow our Reach towards outcomes that genuinely help Australia's most vulnerable.
As the child therapist you will work in a clinical team that consists of a program supervisor, carers, family therapist, skills coach and teacher. The child therapist works to support a young person aged between 7 and 11, you will have the most contact with that child, you will be integral to the effectiveness and the outcome of the program.
The aim is to achieve sustained behavioural change in children, reducing need for placements in out of home care
The TFCO program is particularly effective for children who may have a history of trauma and/or neglect. For more information see https://www.tfcoregon.com/about.html
- Provide individual therapy to a child or young person under the TFCO model
- Provide coping and social skill development practice in each session
- Work with children/young people with behavioural issues
- Help children overcome significant barriers
Required Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in, Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health, Counselling or Family Therapy
- Knowledge of and an understanding of family systems and theory
- Cognitive behavioural and behaviour change therapy application
- Social learning theory
- An understanding of cultural contexts and the unique needs of Aboriginal children and young people.
- Valid Full Australian Driving Licence (essential)
- Permanent PT roles .6 FTE
- 4 days ex-gratia each year
- Flexible working
- Ongoing training
- Team based treatment environment with intensive collaboration and clinical training, clinical supervision and consultation
The closing date for applications in January 21st. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of this advert
OzChild is committed to the employment of Indigenous people and providing a work environment in which Indigenous peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Indigenous staff are identified, promoted and achieved