- Deliver an Evidence Informed Program to at risk families
- Outcome focused, disruptive and influential Not For Profit
- Permanent contract being offered
OzChild is considered to be one of the longest serving charities for children and families in Australia
We have been looking after children who are vulnerable for over 165 years. OzChild is a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting vulnerable children, young people and families, and is the largest provider of evidence based and evidence informed programs in Australia - ensuring every child has the chance to shine.
Over the last four years OzChild has grown substantially focussing on our strategic goals to Strengthen our Impact and Grow our Reach towards outcomes that genuinely help Australia's most vulnerable.
About the role:
The successful applicant will join an existing team. You will provide internationally recognised evidence-based services to children and families. The overall aim is to provide the highest standard of evidence-based family therapy to children and families in a home-based environment and to implement structured family training, intervention and problem solving.
Client bases will include children aged from 0 - 17 with particularly complex family situations including mental health and the process will involve working through what is a very intensive and prescriptive program; engaging, motivating, assessing and behaviour change being the core components of the Functional Family Therapy model.
Training and support to gain accreditation in the specialist evidence-based model will be provided.
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Social Work, Family Therapy, Mental Health or Psychology
- Previous experience in a therapeutic environment ideally utilising recognised therapy practices such as CBT narrative or play
- Knowledge and experience working with families who present with issues surrounding their mental health (beneficial)
- Good communication skills and the ability to build relationships and rapport with families who might be difficult to engage
- Experience working with vulnerable and at risk children and those from diverse cultural backgrounds
- 4 days ex-gratia leave every year
- You will have access to $15,900 worth of salary packaging before March 19!
- You will join an existing team
- Join the largest provider of evidence-based services in Australia
- This opportunity will allow you to grow as a practitioner and learn new skills through access to ongoing training
- Permanent contract
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley HR Advisor at OzChild on 03 9695 2243.
You can apply for the role today by visiting our careers site at https://ozchildcareers.org.au/Vacancies/