- Relocate to Shepparton and make a tree change
- OzChild will support you to make the move
- Make a real difference to the lives of young people and their families
- Relocation assistance available to successful applicants
- Cost effective housing options for growing families in country Victoria
- You will have access to salary packaging increasing your take home pay
- You will join an existing team in a brand-new office
- Join the largest provider of evidence-based services in Australia
- This opportunity will allow you to grow as a practitioner and learn new skills
- Take a trip to Sydney for training, paid flights and accommodation for 3 days.
OzChild is considered to be the longest serving charity for children and families in Victoria
We have been looking after children who are vulnerable for over 165 years. OzChild is a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting vulnerable children, young people and families, and is the largest provider of evidence based and evidence informed programs in Australia - ensuring every child has the chance to shine.
Over the last four years OzChild has grown substantially focussing on our strategic goals to Strengthen our Impact and Grow our Reach towards outcomes that genuinely help Australia's most vulnerable.
What is FFT-CW- Functional Family Therapy- Child Welfare?
The successful applicant will join a new team in a brand- new office. You will provide internationally recognised evidence-based services to children and families. The overall aim is to provide the highest standard of evidence-based family therapy to children and families in a home-based environment and to implement structured family training, intervention and problem solving.
Client bases will include children aged from 0 - 17 with particularly complex family situations and the process will involve working through what is a very intensive and prescriptive program from initial assessment, reviewing referral information, engaging all the participants, providing therapy and intervention and identifying areas of risk, all whilst adhering to the Functional Family Therapy Model.
Training and support to gain accreditation in the specialist evidence-based model will be provided. Travel and accommodation will be provided in Sydney, January 2019
Moving to Shepparton
Shepparton is a large regional hub in the Goulburn Valley, great for single people, young families and country lovers. A growing art scene, the great outdoors, parks and a beautiful lake are central to the culture. Culturally diverse, the options for food are never-ending.
You will live in scenic surrounds with plenty of opportunity to get out on the bike and ride the trails beneath giant red gums.
Lots of great farms, vineyards, dairies and orchards!
Visit the state of the art Aquatic centre or take a trip to the largest adventure playground in Australia.
Want to apply? This is what we are looking for-
- To be eligible you must have tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Family Therapy, Mental Health or Psychology or equivalent that is recognised in Australia. You must also have:
- Previous experience in a therapeutic environment ideally utilising recognised therapy practices such as CBT.
- Experience working with vulnerable and at risk children and those from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge and experience of child protection and the protection of children and young people as well as the out of home care system and standards.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people from different backgrounds and at different levels.
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the clients.
To take the next step-
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley HR Advisor at OzChild on 03 9695 2243.
You can apply for the role today by visiting our careers site at https://ozchildcareers.org.au/Vacancies/