At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes through the programs and services we deliver. As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence based programs the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector.
At OzChild you will receive
• Permanent contract
• Flexible working conditions
• The opportunity to learn and develop
• Salary packaging up to $15,900
• Financial support to relocate to ACT if required
• A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
• A Collaborative and cohesive working culture
OzChild will provide family therapy to Aboriginal familie you will help preserve and empower families to lead healthier more fulfilling lives by addressing systemic issues. As part of a team you will assess and observe the family, then make appropriate interventions using CBT, narrative therapy or play therapy as well as any other therapeutic interventions you can to help bring about change. Our service is conducted in the community and working hours and locations are flexible
Required Qualifications, skills and experience- for more detailed information please review the position description-
- Qualifications in Counselling, Family Therapy, Mental Health or Psychology are desirable
- Previous experience in a therapeutic environment ideally utilising recognised therapy practices such as CBT.
- Proven experience working with Aboriginal families
- Experience working with vulnerable and at-risk children aged 0-18
- Knowledge and experience of child protection and the protection of children and young people as well as the out of home care system and standards.
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and GLBTIQ communities.
How to apply:
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley HR Advisor at OzChild on 03 9695 2243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply for the role today by visiting our careers site at https://ozchildcareers.org.au/Vacancies/- Search for the job title Family Therapist, Canberra, click on the title, scroll down and submit a resume with an attached cover letter addressing the required skills and experience.
To find out more about OzChild and the services we provide, please visit www.ozchild.org.au