- Permanent job opportunities for therapists and practitioners
- Work with Aboriginal families
- Relocation assistance available to all applicants
A Program designed to reduce the number of children and young people entering or remaining in out-of-home care, working with Aboriginal families
About the Job
OzChild will provide family therapy to Aboriginal families and in this role, you will help preserve and empower families to lead healthier more fulfilling lives. As part of a team you will assess and observe to begin with then make appropriate interventions using CBT, narrative therapy or play therapy to help bring about change. Our service is conducted in the community and working hours and locations are flexible.
Required Qualifications, skills and experience.
- Qualifications in Counselling, Family Therapy, Mental Health or Psychology are desirable
- Previous experience in a therapeutic environment ideally utilising recognised therapy practices such as CBT.
- Proven experience working with Aboriginal families
- Suitably qualified candidates who identify as Aboriginal are strongly encouraged to apply
- Experience working with vulnerable and at-risk children aged 0-18
- Knowledge and experience of child protection and the protection of children and young people as well as the out of home care system and standards.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people from different backgrounds and at different levels.
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the clients.
- This is a great opportunity to work as part of a team providing internationally recognised evidence-based service
- Comprehensive training and support through-out your employment
- Permanent contracts
- You will have access to salary packaging
- A unique role in which culturally appropriate services are provided
- A unique partnership with an Aboriginal service provider
- You will learn brand new skills and improve your practice
- This opportunity will help you to develop as a therapist and make genuine changes in the lives of Aboriginal young people and children
OzChild is committed to the employment of Indigenous people and providing a work environment in which Indigenous peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Indigenous staff are identified, promoted and achieved
How to apply
For more information, a confidential discussion about the role or simply to ask a question, contact Paul Ridley HR Advisor at OzChild on 03 9695 2243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about OzChild and the services we provide, please visit www.ozchild.org.au