Children, Young People & Family Services
The OzChild vision would see a society where all children live happily in a safe and caring environment. Continue reading if you share this vision and want to be part of the support functions of an organisation that supports vulnerable children and families...
- Help make a difference to the lives of Australian Children
- Melbourne Southern & Bayside Peninsula Regions
- Casual role
Support Worker at OzChild:
As a Support Worker at OzChild, you will be part of an ambitious organisation who are leading and influencing sector change. You will provide support, on a casual basis, to children and young people who are vulnerable and have complex needs. They will be receiving support through Flexible Funding packages including Targeted Care Packages which are available to children, young people and sibling groups who are leaving or at risk of entering residential care.
- Supporting the child, keeping the child's best interest regarding interactions and decisions
- Supporting the caregiver in their care of the child or young person
- Following behaviour management plans
- Maintaining accurate and timely records
The casual hours may include week days, evening and weekends and may include supporting the child in home or in the community or by providing support and modelling to the parent or carer.
(Please refer to the position description for further details)
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Qualification in Social Work, Youth Work or Welfare
- Experiencing in supporting children and young people who have complex needs and behaviours
- Understanding of trauma informed practice
- Understanding of child protection and issues in relation to children at risk
- Ability to liaise with families, foster carers and professionals
- Ability to work as part of a team
Benefits and OzChild Culture:
- Opportunity to work within a reputable non-profit organisation committed to making a difference to children's lives
- Roles available in Melbourne Southern and Bayside Peninsula regions
- Pay at SCHCADS Award Level 2.4, $34.24 per hour (inclusive of casual loading)
- Casual role
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Employee benefits
For over 165 years, OzChild has been committed to the protection of Australia's most vulnerable children and families. Our purpose is to support vulnerable children and young people by preventing abuse and neglect, providing healing and strengthening families.
Every year, we work with over 6,000 children, young people and their families to achieve safety, wellbeing and permanency. We do this through the delivery of evidence informed foster and kinship care and a range of early intervention and prevention services that are aimed at strengthening family functioning.
We recruit for this role on an on-going basis and application are accepted anytime.
Click APPLY to submit your application.
Enquiries are welcome, please call or email Louise Allwright, Targeted Care Package Coordinator, on (03) 8796 0000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and GLBTIQ communities.