Psychologists and Mental Health Social Workers
$65-100 per hour
OzChild are currently looking for psychologists and/or mental health social workers for counselling work within the Shine Assist service. Work is available in primary schools in Langwarrin, Frankston, Brighton and Dandenong.
- Generous rates of pay
- Various locations
- Part time positions
- Flexible hours
School Psychologists at OzChild:
You will be working as part of the Shine Assist team to provide counselling support to students during school term time. The positions offer a very supportive and friendly school environment to work in. OzChild offers quarterly peer support meetings, a shared library of resources and the opportunity to attend professional development.
(Please refer to the position description for further details)
You will have:
- Have a psychology or mental health social work related qualification
- Preferably have experience working in a school or with children and/or young people
- Be able to communicate effectively with students, welfare staff, teachers and parents
- Be comfortable working in a challenging environment
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
To be eligible to apply for these positions you must either have general registration with the Psychology Board of Australia or be a social worker with Mental Health Accreditation from the Australian Association of Social Workers.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work within a reputable non-profit organisation committed to making a difference to children's lives
- Flexible hours to suit your lifestyle
- Various locations
- $65-100 per hour
- Commutable schools
- Friendly and supportive work environment
OzChild's Education Service supplements and supports the work of schools through innovative and diverse partnerships providing recruitment and employment services to schools across Victoria.
For over 165 years, OzChild has been committed to the protection of Australia's most vulnerable children and families. Our purpose is to support vulnerable children and young people by preventing abuse and neglect, providing healing and strengthening families.
Click APPLY to submit your application.
Enquiries are welcome, please call Heather Black, Education Services Consultant, on 03 9695 2200 (option 2).
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and GLBTIQ communities.